Monday, April 21, 2014

Glow

I awoke in the middle of the night. I laid there and listened to the hum of the air conditioner. After a moment I notices that there was a soft glow coming from the adjoining bath room.

I could not think of anything that I may have left in there that would have produced the light and my guest for the evening had long since left. As my curiousity was about to rouse me to action; the light suddenly disappeared. I began to feel on edge.

Is someone or something here with me in the next room? My imagination began to run wild and a sense of terror washed over me. I had to know the answer or I would be trapped here fearing something that may soon turn the corner and attack me while I lay prone.

I mustered my courage, got onto my feet and took my cellphone from the dresser to serve as a light source. When I activated my cellphone I took note of the time 3:48a.m. this in it's self served to add to my fears due to these happenings having began approximately around 3:00a.m. "The witching hour" as they call it.

So as to not give more power to the supernatural I went into the bathroom at my usual pace, my heart racing as I was mentally ready for action. I did not find the source of the light there-in. This to me was much worse than actually finding something. Better to have some answer than no answers.

I moved into the living room. It was pitch black on the other side of the window which made it feel like I had entered another world. The coat closet was slightly ajar and I was not entirely sure I had left it in that condition. I decided against pushing my luck and trying the closet. I instead made sure the door lock was still engaged; it was.

I returned to bed without relief. What was that light? Am I truly alone? I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment