Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Realization

I haven't written poetry in a while so bear with me. This is to recant coming of age into brighter world.

This place is my coffin,
This place is my tomb,
To stay stagnant,
is surely my doom.

These people around me,
they fill me with gloom.

They whine, they complain,
They conspire, they disdain.
They'll take all things from you,
Even your name.

They think that a life,
is just a sick game.

I can't avoid it,
this place of mirth.
these people surround me,
this place is called earth.

Is this how it's fated?
From the time of my birth!

I despise them!
I hate them!

I'll avoid and negate them!


These were my thoughts
when I was young.
All of this hate
for everyone.

But what will it matter,
when my days are done?

Why should I give power
to something so wrong?
To such a bad feeling,
made constantly strong.

Is this really something,
that I secretly long?

They're not so bad,
There's hope here I see.
For this simple race,
of intelligent beasts.

I don't really hate them,
not in the least.

Because I am them and they are me.
We just want to live, be happy, and free.

Life is this simple if we just let it be.


4 comments:

  1. This is a very touching poem and expresses well how an adolescent mind grows to maturity.
    Life is a process of becoming human; through failures, losses, disappointments and various other hardships, we learn that we're human just like everyone else, and acquire the capacity to be more compassionate towards others.

    I want to share with you this quote from a book called "The Last Three Days of Fernando Pessoa" by the Italian writer Antonio Tabucchi. Sometimes when I'm being too harsh on myself or others I remember this quote and feel comforted:

    "I absolve you....If you have loved, even if you have had only one love, you are absolved. Because you are human, it is your humanity that absolves you."

    Thank you for the lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed it!

    I agree, much has to happen in order for growth to occur and we must realise there are other that are striving along side us to make it in the world. Compassion, a great word and idea!

    Thank you for the quote, it is very profound. We are humans, we love and make mistakes and that is ok. Right? A feeling of serenity washed over me.

    The title of the book you have presented as well as the quote has me intrigued. I will try to find it and take it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/118439.Dreams_of_Dreams_and_the_Last_Three_Days_of_Fernan

    I actually first read all Tabucchi's writings in Japanese.
    The very first book I bought was "Dreams of Dreams." It's the book that fantasizes what the famous literary figures dreamed at night. Each story is very short and very poetic. I love them and have re-read them many times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the link!

    I can't wait to check it out, it must really be something if they produced translated hard copies and for you to think so highly of it. :)

    ReplyDelete